Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Waiting Impatiently


Tuesday - Final confirmations & unsuspecting Bengals

So after a few hectic phone calls and email relays with Ma (Tina Barber), the soon-to-be shiloh member of my household is schedule to be en-route to Melbourne Airport two days from now. Its a tad unfortunate that I have unavoidable work until 7, and need to send my better half to pick the fluffball up. Delta was surprisingly easy to handle and didn't fuss about my adding his name to the pickup list.. but then again, they're all backwards about animal transport anyways. Who ever heard of Pit Bulls expiring in 70 degree weather? If you're confused.. Mark had done a little background research on how airlines regulate dog shipping, and brachycephalic animals have special conditions. That in itself isn't surprising, except that they have an idea that flat-faced pugs and bulldogs will somehow immediately expire in "hot" weather.. which is.. apparently, 70 degrees. Maybe he read it wrong, or maybe the airline companies are complete whack jobs. Probably both. I'll add on here that they included AmStaffs and Pit bulls on that list, I guess jowls=flat face, who knew?!

Anyways, Messire Comet has a crate, a room, and plenty of chews waiting for him upon his arrival. I have my whole gameplan of easing his transition in mind, and my lists/charts are updated and awaiting data input.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

The dog!

Comet was born on April 23, 2010, to dam Dora and sire Lucky with New Zion Shiloh's and their esteemed breeder Tina Barber. He's my robust polar-bear white, plush male Shiloh, and the biggest attraction my little Florida home has ever seen! I have hopes of the man of the house to fulfill his promises to his breeder of becoming a very desirable stud. With time and a little luck, Zion's Comet among the Stars can begin contributing to this breed's wonderful genepool, earning his place among his five-star quality canine family members, and giving justice to his name.

The girl!

I've lived in Florida approximately 10 months, and work as a grooming associate for corporate America. I spend every day, of every week, working and living for dogs and animals of all kinds. I previously resided in Southern California (where I had been my whole life) earning my degree in Biological Sciences and finding my first experiences in a grooming salon. I sought out the Shiloh Shepherd breeding efforts by learning of their goal to improve upon the older, more qualifying German Shepherd Dog predecessors.