Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 1

Moving past the travel trauma

So today was the day, and everything almost went according to plans.. almost. The final flight was slightly delayed, causing the pickup to be closer to 7 PM rather than 6, but thats
alright, Mark was there and waiting regardless. I got my first encounter finally when he arrived at my workplace, to which my coworkers eyeballed his size and queried, "How old is he..?" He wasn't terribly thrilled at being there, having only just arrived after a very long and unpleasant voyage, but we got home in one piece. He was much better on the second car ride, being sang to and whatnot :P I'm never more confident than when I'm singing, and it transmitted to him, and he calmed right down and napped for the 20mins home.

My cats.. were not pleased. They themselves haven't been with me too too long, and had only recently adjusted to Jinx--but Jasper calmed down within a few minutes (Milo disappeared for an hour..). I wish I had a picture of them fuzzed, its hilarious.

He was led in, of his own volition, into the house and to his area - his crate, essentially, though the whole kitchen is puppy proofed and will be our staging grounds for the next couple of months. Spent about 30mins-1hr getting him comfortable with his crate, which
worked very well. Not long after he was carrying his favorite toy items into the crate for storage - I'm thrilled! He calmed down enough to eat, which led to his outdoor adventures..

Jinx was with us at this time, and she loves her outdoor time, and was particularly hyper since Dad didn't come home on time today! Comet was confused, but eventually settled down to eliminate (after being harassed by an excited Aussie). No accidents tonight :) That was only the first of two successful potty times, he'll be a pro in no time at all.

All the pictures of Day 1 are in my Picasa webaccount linked on the right (6/24).


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

The dog!

Comet was born on April 23, 2010, to dam Dora and sire Lucky with New Zion Shiloh's and their esteemed breeder Tina Barber. He's my robust polar-bear white, plush male Shiloh, and the biggest attraction my little Florida home has ever seen! I have hopes of the man of the house to fulfill his promises to his breeder of becoming a very desirable stud. With time and a little luck, Zion's Comet among the Stars can begin contributing to this breed's wonderful genepool, earning his place among his five-star quality canine family members, and giving justice to his name.

The girl!

I've lived in Florida approximately 10 months, and work as a grooming associate for corporate America. I spend every day, of every week, working and living for dogs and animals of all kinds. I previously resided in Southern California (where I had been my whole life) earning my degree in Biological Sciences and finding my first experiences in a grooming salon. I sought out the Shiloh Shepherd breeding efforts by learning of their goal to improve upon the older, more qualifying German Shepherd Dog predecessors.